10/17/2018 05:14 CDT
IF ELECTION WERE TODAY, REPUBLICANS WOULD HOLD SENATE AND MIGHT HOLD HOUSE; TRUMP BREAKING FUNDRAISING RECORDS; CARTER PAGE SUES DNC; GOSNELL DOES WELL AT THEATERS DESPITE MEDIA BLACKOUT
TODAY’S TOP TEN
REPUBLICANS MAINTAINING HOLD ON SENATE
ALL EYES ON THE U.S. SENATE AS REPUBLICANS cautiously optimistic about holding chamber and possibly picking up a few seats. National Review.
- Liberal media doing its part by burying scandals. NewsBusters.
PRESIDENT TRUMP’S 2020 fundraising haul breaking records. CNN.
NEW CNBC POLL THROWS COLD WATER on notion of Democratic wave next month. NTK Network.
￼SENIOR FBI OFFICIAL FOUND TO HAVE ACCEPTED￼ free sports tickets from TV reporter is allowed to retire without prosecution. Daily Caller.
DEEP STATE TARGET CARTER PAGE FILES defamation lawsuit against the DNC. Breitbart.
ELLISON ACCUSER WONDERS WHY Democrats won’t believe her. Hot Air.
WOMEN SAY HEITKAMP CAMPAIGN IDENTIFIED them as sexual assault victims without their permission. Hot Air.
DEMOCRATIC PAC TO SPEND $3 MILLION to try and save Menendez in New Jersey. Daily Caller.
DESPITE HOLLYWOOD RESISTANCE, “Gosnell” does well at theaters during opening weekend. Daily Wire.
FORMER FIRE CHIEF IN ATLANTA who wrote Christian booklet and got fired wins $1.2 million settlement from city. TheBlaze.
First Right is your conservative alternative to beltway groupthink
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- The Beatification of Beto. Jim Geraghty.
- The Left believes in trickle up poverty. Sarah Hoyt.
- Why Elizabeth Warren’s lies are good for America. John Hinderaker.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Missouri Senator McCaskill exposed as faking moderate views. Project Veritas.
- Cherokee Nation member calls for Elizabeth Warren to apologize. Fox News.
- Megyn Kelly unloads on Warren over DNA stunt. Free Beacon.
- San Francisco official drops Pledge of Allegiance, replaces with quotes from black, gay leaders. Daily Wire.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@ComfortablySmug) A really savage thing for a journo to do the morning after election night would be to total how much money was raised and spent by the Beto, Ossoff, moral victory but election losing Dems in the cycle. And calculate how many people that could put through college, etc. Tweet.
- (@RyanAFournier) 60 Minutes interviewed President Trump for 26 minutes. In the process he was interrupted 64 times mid-sentence. President Obama did two similar interviews on CBS over the span of 46 minutes, and was interrupted just 4 times. But no bias here as usual. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- TRUMP: DON’T BLAME ME IF DEMS TAKE HOUSE! Drudge