Midterms election special with updated results
11/07/2018 05:20 CDT
DONNELLY, MCCASKILL, HEITKAMP, NELSON, AND PROBABLY TESTER GO DOWN TO DEFEAT IN SENATE AS CRUZ HOLDS ON AND BLACKBURN SWEEPS; MCSALLY LEADING IN ARIZONA; DESANTIS WINS GOVERNOR IN FLORIDA AND WALKER’S THIRD TERM SLIPS AWAY IN WISCONSIN
TODAY’S TOP TEN
REPUBLICANS PICK UP 3 SENATE SEATS AND LEAD IN 2 OTHERS
DEMOCRATS TAKE OVER HOUSE BY WINNING 34 SEATS
MIXED VERDICT — MIXED GOVERNMENT: Democrats pick up about 34 seats and House majority; GOP gains 3 to 5 seats in Senate. Associated Press.
REPUBLICAN MIKE BRAUN KNOCKS OFF incumbent Joe Donnelly in Indiana. Legal Insurrection.
JOSH HAWLEY UNSEATS DEMOCRATIC SENATOR Claire McCaskill in Missouri showdown. National Review.
WITH HER WIN, MARSHA BLACKBURN in Tennessee might become most conservative woman in Senate. Daily Signal.
SCANDAL-PLAGUED DEMOCRAT MENENDEZ survives late surge to regain seat in New Jersey. TheBlaze.
TED CRUZ DEFEATS MEDIA DARLING Beto O’Rourke in Texas Senate race. The Federalist.
KEVIN CRAMER KNOCKS OFF INCUMBENT Democrat Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota Senate race. Free Beacon.
ROSENDALE HOLDS SLIM LEAD OVER TESTER in Montana as votes continue to be counted. Helena Independent Record.
MCSALLY LEADS ARIZONA SENATE RACE that might take days to finalize. Arizona Republic.
REPUBLICAN LEAH VUKMIR COMES UP SHORT in bid to unseat Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin. The Federalist.
GOP REP. RON DESANTIS IS ELECTED GOVERNOR of Florida with narrow victory over Andrew Gillum. TheBlaze.
TONY EVERS DENIES SCOTT WALKER a third term as Wisconsin governor. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
First Right is your conservative alternative to beltway groupthink
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Anti-white racism on the rise, pushed from the Left. American Thinker.
- America the ignorant struggles to stay free. Stella Morabito.
- 9 years into Common Core, test scores are down, indoctrination up. Joy Pullman.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Is the global temperature record credible? Tony Heller.
- CNN: This is not a blue wave. NTK Network.
- Scalise: Republicans need to work on an answer to Obamacare. Fox News.
- Pringles offering Thanksgiving chips flavored like turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie. ABC 7 Chicago.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@MelissaTweets) If journalists got on the stage with Obama at a rally, it would collapse for all the weight. Tweet.
- (@SharylAttkisson) Why is (almost) nobody talking about Trump-Russia collusion? I’m ok either way, I just would like to know why it was the #1 most important story in the world for so long and now it’s not. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- DEMS TAKE HOUSE; +34; REPUBLICANS KEEP SENATE; +3 Drudge.