01/23/2019 05:12 CDT
NATIVE AMERICAN AT HEART OF KY STUDENT CONTROVERSY FOUND TO HAVE LIED ABOUT BEING VIETNAM VET AND ALSO TRIED TO DISRUPT CATHOLIC MASS NIGHT BEFORE; TRUMP’S TRANSGENDER MILITARY BAN ALLOWED TO STAND FOR NOW
TODAY’S TOP TEN
WAS NATIVE AMERICAN A LEFT-WING PROVOCATEUR?
NATIVE AMERICAN AT CENTER OF KY STUDENT controversy attempted to disrupt huge DC mass the night before. Catholic News Agency.
- He’s also not a Vietnam vet as he claimed. Breitbart.
- Left goes crazy that NBC will broadcast interview with student at center of controversy. Daily Wire.
- CNN silent on contributor fantasizing about punching the student. Daily Caller.
FBI’S TOP LAWYER UNDER OBAMA ACKNOWLEDGED series of “abnormal” and “unusual” steps taken in 2016 during early stages of Trump/Russia probe. Chuck Ross.
U.S. SUPREME COURT ALLOWS TRUMP to temporarily enforce ban on transgender soldiers in military. Daily Caller.
OCASIO-CORTEZ: “THE WORLD IS GOING TO END in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.” National Review.
IOWA SENATOR JONI ERNST SAYS SHE TURNED DOWN chance to be Trump’s VP because of failing marriage. Des Moines Register.
FOX NEWS ANCHOR BRET BAIER’S CAR FLIPS during Montana vacation, temporarily hospitalizing family. TheHill.
EPA WHISTLEBLOWER: “URGENT NEED for formal reevaluation of climate alarmist scam science.” Alan Carlin.
LIBERALS RARELY MENTION THAT RENEWABLE energy relies on non-renewable resources. SingularityHub.
SMALLER POLICE FORCES DITCHING BODY CAMERAS because of prohibitive cost. The Week.
STATE OF NEW YORK SET TO LEGALIZE abortion up to birth. Daily Wire.
First Right is your conservative alternative to beltway groupthink
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Truth and disfavored identities. Max Hyams.
- Nathan Phillips lied. The media bought it. Kyle Smith.
- Conservatives join the Left’s lynch mob. Julie Kelly.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Covington Catholic chaperone: Students targeted over religion, MAGA hats. Real Clear Politics.
- Top House Dem calls Trump “grand wizard” during MLK event. Free Beacon.
- Huckabee calls for “seven-figure” judgment against those who smeared KY students. Fox News.
- Notre Dame moves to “cover up” demeaning Christopher Columbus mural. Campus Reform.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@SalenaZito) I grow weary of saying we have to be better people, journalists & culture. In particular on this platform. How many people’s lives & reputations are we going to allow be destroyed until we stop? Or do we just wait & hope it misses us? Newsflash it won’t. Tweet.
- (@ToryAnarchist) It still amazes me that the Covington media debacle was barely a day after the Buzzfeed media debacle, the most explicit proof possible that no lessons were learned about bias and credulity. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- MCCONNELL SCHEDULES DUELING SHUTDOWN VOTES Drudge.