10/23/2018 05:14 CDT
TRUMP VOWS TROOPS, BORDER SHUTDOWN TO THWART MIGRANT MOBS; PRESIDENT’S APPROVAL RATING TOPS OBAMA’S AT SIMILAR TIME; GOP HAS BIG EDGE ON ECONOMY HEADING INTO MIDTERMS
TODAY’S TOP TEN
TRUMP SAYS HE’LL PROTECT BORDER AGAINST MIGRANT MOB
PRESIDENT TRUMP CALLS INVASION OF MARCHING Central Americans a national emergency and vows to send in troops to protect border. ZeroHedge.
TRUMP’S APPROVAL JUMPS AHEAD of Obama’s midterm approval. The Hill.
REPUBLICANS HAVE HUGE ADVANTAGE on economy, voters’ top issue. Breitbart.
FEC RECORDS INDICATE HILLARY CLINTON’S 2016 campaign illegally laundered $84 million. The Federalist.
MORRISEY SAYS HE’S WITHIN MARGIN OF ERROR in race against Manchin. Free Beacon.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE WASHINGTON Examiner’s energy and climate reporting? James Taylor.
BAR COMPLAINT FILED AGAINST Christine Blasey Ford’s lawyer. Power Line.
GOOGLE SHUTS DOWN ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN of conservative Toronto mayoral candidate 48 hours before election. Breitbart.
PITTSBURGH CITY OFFICIALS WANT to shut down a kids’ run sponsored by Chick-fil-A. TheBlaze.
WASHINGTON POST SPREADS FAKE STORY about Brett Kavanaugh’s alma mater. Breitbart.
First Right is your conservative alternative to beltway groupthink
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- The Right finds the perfect weapon against the Left. Tyler Cowen.
- The origins of “hate speech.” Kim Holmes.
- Gosnell: When the truth is more gruesome than fiction. Mark Hemingway.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Beto O’Rourke supporters on campus can’t name an accomplishment. CampusReform.
- Three values that make America great. Prager University.
- Florida’s Gillum won’t answer whether he took perks from lobbyist under federal investigation. Breitbart.
- Exploding toilets prompt massive nationwide recall. CBS 3 Philadelphia.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@FDRLST) The federal government needs a definition of gender rooted in science and the Trump administration is right to enforce it. Tweet.
- (@lbergkamp) Those who emphasize ‘consensus’ in science make several errors: 1. They confuse consensus and truth. 2. They disregard the science of groupthink and tunnel vision. 3. They exclude a priori the possibility that minority science may be right. 4. They introduce politics into science. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- 1000 MILES AWAY; WHY ISN’T MEX STOPPING THEM? DEMS SILENT Drudge