09/27/2018 05:12 CDT
SENATE JUDICIARY SHOWDOWN THIS MORNING IN WASHINGTON AS NEW ACCUSATIONS START TO CRUMBLE; HOW WILL KAVANAUGH HANDLE THE PRESSURE? HOW WILL THE ACCUSER?
TODAY’S TOP TEN
CAMERAS TURN TO ACCUSER FOR THIS MORNING’S HEARING
KAVANAUGH’S ATTORNEY DOES WIDE-RANGING interview with Bret Baier on eve of hearing featuring his accuser. Fox News.
- Text of Kavanaugh’s opening statement. NPR.
- Text of accuser’s opening statement. NPR.
- Eight big problems for Christine Blasey Ford’s story. New York Post.
- Seven questions about Avenatti/Swetnick story. Charles Cooke.
- Ex-boyfriend says new accuser not credible. Politico.
- More than 60 Georgetown Prep alumni defend Kavanaugh against charges. National Review.
- Any decent Democrats left? John Kass.
JANE MAYER AND HER HISTORY of biased hit pieces against conservatives. NewsBusters.
WASHINGTON POST’S SUPPOSED “conservative columnist” makes massive error while attacking conservatives. National Review.
GEORGE SOROS FUNDED FUSION GPS, the smear dosser firm, his spokesman confirms. Chuck Ross.
REPORT FINDS $3.1 TRILLION IN WASTE that could be salvaged for taxpayers. Free Beacon.
MONTANA SENATE RACE IS TRICKIER to analyze than most. Real Clear Politics.
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS SUFFERS LOWEST-RATED year ever during 2017-2018 season. The Wrap.
CALIFORNIANS MOVE TO KILL high-speed rail by referendum. Hot Air.
NY GOVERNOR BLAMES WEATHER for people fleeing his high-tax state. Hot Air.
BAY AREA APPLE STORES BLITZED and robbed 9 times in one month. San Francisco Chronicle.
First Right is your conservative alternative to beltway groupthink
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Anatomy of a smear. Marc Thiessen.
- Kavanaugh and the weaponization of #MeToo. Lisa Boothe.
- Should you believe all accusers? Ben Shapiro.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- New ad hits Heidi Heitkamp for supporting sanctuary cities. North Dakota GOP.
- McConnell highlights Biden’s 1991 comments on presumption of innocence. NTK Network.
- Lindsey Graham blasts dubious accusations. Free Beacon.
- Golfing partners in England both hit holes-in-one on consecutive shots — at 17 million to 1 odds. The Telegraph.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@SaritaBasnet01) Trump wasn’t ever called a “racist” until he ran against Democrats. Ben Carson wasn’t a “white supremacist” until he supported President Trump. Kavanaugh wasn’t ever called a “sexist rapist” until Democrats didn’t support his nomination to Supreme Court. It’s a clear pattern. Tweet.
- (@senatemajldr) Democrats and their allies are trying to destroy a man’s personal and professional life on the basis of unsubstantiated and uncorroborated allegations. This is a smear campaign, pure and simple…aided and abetted by members of the United States Senate. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- AS THE SUPREME COURT TURNS Drudge