75 years ago this morning, thousands of brave Americans and allied forces conducted the largest seaborne invasion in history on the beaches of Normandy, France, to turn the tide of victory in World War II. We salute you all.
06/06/2019 05:14 CDT
TRUMP IN FRANCE TO COMMEMORATE 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY; AMERICANS VIEW FAKE NEWS BIGGER DANGER THAN TERROR; YOUTUBE FORMALLY CRACKS DOWN ON “HATE SPEECH”
TODAY’S TOP TEN
75 YEARS AGO, AMERICAN BRAVERY STUNNED THE WORLD
NOTHING PREPARES YOU FOR VISITING Omaha Beach. Rachel Donadio.
MORE AMERICANS VIEW FAKE NEWS as a problem than global terrorism. Axios.
LIBERAL YOUTUBE SAYS IT WILL BAN VIDEOS promoting “hate speech.” AFP.
GOOGLE FIRES REPUBLICAN ENGINEER WHO SPOKE OUT against “outrage mobs.” Daily Caller.
GALLUP: TRUMP LEADERSHIP RATING JUMPS, beats Obama on issues, ideology. Washington Examiner.
FRONTRUNNER JOE BIDEN SHOOTS HIMSELF in foot with another plagiarism incident. Breitbart.
NORTH CAROLINA HOUSE FAILS TO OVERRIDE governor’s veto of “born alive” abortion bill. National Review.
ELIZABETH WARREN CLAIMS “CLIMATE CHANGE” is bigger threat to America than World War II. Daily Wire.
TWITTER LAUNCHES ATTACK ON PROMINENT Planned Parenthood critic. WND.
DEMOCRATS HAVE A JEFFERSON-JACKSON DAY naming crisis. Daily Caller.
First Right is your conservative alternative to beltway groupthink
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- The Longest Day, revisited. William Murchison.
- Jews and the debate rocking American conservatism. Liel Leibovitz.
- Why did the Obama Administration ignore reports of Russian meddling? Margot Cleveland.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- President Trump reads FDR’s D-Day prayer. Real Clear Politics.
- What does Joe Biden know about Obama Spygate? Restoration PAC.
- D-Day archive video of Normandy landings. Real Clear Politics.
- Veterans parachute into Normandy 75 years after storming the beaches on D-Day. Daily Caller.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@RealSLokhova) The President’s D-Day Prayer, June 6 1944: “Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our Nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity. Tweet.
- (@emzanotti) 4:15am, June 5, 1944. Weatherman James Stagg predicts weather over the Normandy coast will clear for just 36 hours, allowing enough time for an #DDay invasion but maybe not reinforcements. The brass confer. Despite detractors in their midst, they know it’s now or never. Tweet.
MOST CLICKED ITEM YESTERDAY
- SMEAR DOSSIER AUTHOR CUTS DEAL AND WILL SPEAK with DOJ. ZeroHedge.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- PELOSI WANTS TRUMP IN PRISON Drudge.