12/21/2018 05:10 CDT
AFTER CONSERVATIVE BACKLASH, TRUMP REENGAGES ON WALL FUNDING, SETTING UP SHUTDOWN SHOWDOWN; MUELLER PROBE DONE IN FEBRUARY; MATTIS RESIGNS AMID POLICY DIFFERENCES WITH TRUMP
TODAY’S TOP TEN
A WALL OR A SHUTDOWN?
HOUSE PASSES REVISED SPENDING BILL that includes $5.7 billion for wall security; heads to Senate. Breitbart.
- WH’s Miller battles snippy Blitzer from CNN. Daily Caller.
- Veteran raises millions in donations for wall. Western Journal.
MUELLER REPORT TO ATTORNEY GENERAL as soon as February? NBC News.
PAUL RYAN AIDE AND IL GOP REP. KINZINGER were recipients of smear dossier, documents say. Chuck Ross.
MATTS RESIGNING AS DEFENSE SECRETARY after differing with Trump on foreign policy. Associated Press.
CLIMATE ALARMISM PROPAGANDA RAMPANT on U.S. agencies’ websites, report finds. Daily Caller.
￼WHY FLORIDA REMAINS FRUSTRATING FOR DEMOCRATS￼ in statewide and presidential races. National Review.
DNC SETS UP 12 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES DURING the presidential primary season. The Week.
TRUMP ADMINISTRATION PLANS TO STRENGTHEN the work requirements for Food Stamps. Daily Wire.
FIRED DER SPIEGEL JOURNALIST MESSED with the wrong small town. Medium.
TRUMP ORGANIZATION’S FORMER SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR recounts how Donald Trump learned to tweet. Daily Mail.
First Right is your conservative alternative to beltway groupthink
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- The Barr memo is a commendable piece of lawyering. Andrew McCarthy.
- The State of Colorado is still trying to destroy Jack Phillips. David Harsanyi.
- Making Comey’s firing a crime will destroy DOJ. Mollie Hemingway.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Steyer all but confirms he’s running for president in 2020. NTK Network.
- Departing Dem Senator McCaskill rips pro-choice activists. GOP War Room.
- Dennis Prager: Google is “full of crap; they will lie because they can get away with it.” Breitbart.
- How a British army sniper killed six terrorists with one bullet. The Sun.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@iowahawkblog) obviously no one is gonna work on Christmas or Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day is out, and by Thursday we should probably get an early start on New Years Eve and New Year’s Day, and tomorrow is Solstice, which makes today Solstice Eve, so Happy Two Week Vacation everybody. Tweet.
- (@mtracey) If, as Nate Silver argues, Russian social media activity wasn’t even among the top 100 most important factors in the 2016 election, what does it say that political/media class emphasis on this issue has been so unwavering and relentless, now more than two years later? Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- FIGHT FOR ‘STEEL SLATS’; MAYHEM IN DC; SHUTDOWN BEFORE CHRISTMAS Drudge.