03/07/2018 05:15 CDT
TOP GOP LAWMAKERS WANT SPECIAL COUNSEL FOR FISA ABUSE; COHN OUT OVER TARIFFS; NORTH KOREA COMING TO TABLE OVER NUKES; DOJ SUES CALIFORNIA OVER SANCTUARY LAWS
TODAY’S TOP 10
GOP WANTS SPECIAL COUNSEL FOR OBAMA SPYING
GOWDY, GOODLATTE DEMAND APPOINTMENT of special counsel, citing FISA abuses. Fox News.
TRUMP’S TOP ECONOMIC ADVISOR Gary Cohn resigns over tariffs. Reuters.
JUSTICE DEPARTMENT SUING California over sanctuary laws. Washington Times.
NYT REPORTER SAYS TRUMP DESERVES “enormous credit” for getting North Korea to the negotiating table. NTK Network.
DID THE MEDIA EXPLOIT A CRAZY PERSON in order to slap Trump? Ben Shapiro.
SIX REVELATIONS FROM THAT Christopher Steele puff piece in the New Yorker. Daily Caller.
FACEBOOK ADMITS IT WAS A MISTAKE asking whether pedophiles requesting sexual images from children should be allowed. The Guardian.
84% OF ILLINOISANS SAY THE STATE is heading in the wrong direction. Capitol Fax.
CALIFORNIA BULLET TRAIN COST surges by $2.8 billion: “Worst case scenario has happened.” Los Angeles Times.
HOW PRAGERU IS INFLUENCING the culture war five minutes at a time. Legal Insurrection.
Thank you First Right subscribers from across America! The news here is what the liberal press is trying to hide from you.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Beltway media fight for Democrats in Washington leak wars. Mollie Hemingway.
- Why Christians support Israel. Dennis Prager.
- How Silicon Valley went from “don’t be evil” to doing evil. Joel Kotkin.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- I want to be a good mom. So I got a gun. Bethany Mandel.
- When did America lose its backbone? Mark Penn.
- Masked Antifa “anti-fascists” storm a free speech event at leading London university. Breitbart.
- Mac-and-cheese marketed as tool in the fight against “climate change.” Fast Company.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@ThomasWictor) (11) Barack Obama was almost certainly the worst Commander-in-Chief we’ve ever had. He combined micromanaging, incompetence, timidity, anti-Americanism, and self-aggrandizing into a colossal mess. Tweet.
- (@AnnCoulter) NYT: “Microsoft’s co-founder Paul Allen to give $125 million to Teach Machines Common Sense.” He can’t afford the technology to teach liberals common sense. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- GARY COHN OUT Drudge.