02/20/2018 05:12 CDT
ALL SIDES NEARING AGREEMENT ON IMPROVING FEDERAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR FIREARMS PURCHASES; POLLING TURNS FAVORABLE TOWARD TAX CUTS; KENNEDY CONSIDERING STEPPING DOWN FROM SUPREME COURT?
TODAY’S TOP 10
BREAKTHROUGH ON GUNS?
IS A CONSENSUS EMERGING on firearm background checks supported by Trump, GOP, Dems, NRA? Weekly Standard.
- The one gun law that might work will never be supported by Democrats. Joel Pollak.
- Daily Wire will no longer publish names, pictures of mass shooters. Daily Wire.
CRACKS IN THE SWAMP PRESS: Confessions of a Russiagate skeptic. Politico.
NEW POLL FINDS A MAJORITY of Americans now support the GOP tax bill. NTK Network.
ANTHONY KENNEDY RETIREMENT RUMORS sweeping through Washington. New York Times.
HOW EFFECTIVE WAS the Red Troll Army? Weekly Standard.
SOROS SON BECOMING a force in Democratic politics. PJ Media.
MINNEAPOLIS TV STATION’S reporters puzzled by more guns, less crime in Minnesota. NewsBusters.
FORMER PROFESSOR DESCRIBES her escape from political correctness. Legal Insurrection.
￼ABC, CBS SMEAR INGRAHAM￼ as racist, praise profane Lebron James. NewsBusters.
WINTER OLYMPICS TV RATINGS continue to bomb as games lack marquee appeal. Daily Mail.
Thank you for reading First Right. Subscribers across the nation are craving information without liberal slant.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Faith no longer a virtue in America? Salena Zito.
- If you want gun control measures, stop calling the NRA a terrorist organization. The Federalist.
- Bungling at the FBI. Washington Times.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Tom Bevan: FBI dropped the ball in Florida case and others. Real Clear Politics.
- How about an FBI march? Dana Loesch.
- CNN’s Ferguson schools panel on defending himself with a gun. NewsBusters.
- Not enough chickens crossing the road so KFCs in UK close their doors. USA Today.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@charliekirk11) We defend our President, members of Congress, our governors, sporting events, factories, airports, train stations, banks, jewelry stores, courts, celebrities, and athletes with guns. Why won’t we defend our schools the same way? Tweet.
- (@MarkSimoneNY) Who’s Mueller kidding? None of the 13 Facebook trolls he indicted are in custody, never will be, are not in the country, will never be arrested or tried. The indictment was only symbolic. And they have officially announced no collusion, and no effect on the election. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- MEDIA IDENTITY CRISIS GROWS; CNNMSNBC PUSHED RUSSIA-SPONSORED RALLY Drudge.