01/31/2018 05:14 CDT
TRUMP LAYS OUT VISION OF OPTIMISTIC, ASCENDING AMERICA BY HERALDING VIBRANT ECONOMY, NATIONAL SPIRIT, AND HEROES AS DEMOCRATS FROWN; PAUL RYAN SUPPORTS FBI CLEANSING
TODAY’S TOP 10
A NIGHT FOR EXTOLLING THE GREATNESS OF AMERICA
IN FIRST SOTU, TRUMP CALLS FOR AMERICAN economic independence and end to budget caps on defense spending. Free Beacon.
- “We proudly stand for the National Anthem.” Breitbart.
- Shares touching story of North Korean dissident. Daily Caller.
- Honors legend from Louisiana, Steve Scalise. Real Clear Politics.
- Praises Bronze Star recipient’s role in clearing ISIS from Raqqa. Daily Caller.
- “Tremendous performance.” John Hinderaker.
- 75% who watched speech were favorable. CBS News.
- Full text. Chicago Tribune.
PAUL RYAN CALLS TO “CLEANSE” the FBI, backs surveillance memo release. Fox News.
HILLARY SAYS NYT WENT TOO EASY on reporter accused of sexual misconduct. Politico.
TRUMP MOST POPULAR in West Virginia, North Dakota, Wyoming, least popular in D.C., Vermont, Massachusetts. Gallup.
“DREAMERS” ARRESTED, charged with smuggling illegal immigrants. Washington Times.
WOMEN SCIENTISTS: BILL NYE doesn’t speak for science. Daily Wire.
DOCUMENT SHOWS POLICE ID’D 2nd person of interest days after Las Vegas shooting. Las Vegas Review-Journal.
EVERY CABLE NETWORK EXCEPT Fox ignored Obama-Farrakhan photo. Breitbart.
GARY SINISE SHARPLY CRITICIZES teacher’s anti-military rant as an “outrageous insult to all who have served.” Independent Journal Review.
FACEBOOK SUSPENDED THEN REINSTATED an Islamic extremist’s account nine times after he issued threats. Breitbart.
Thank you First Right subscribers from across America! We know you crave news blockaded by the liberal media.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Just a reminder: Adam Schiff is often wrong. Mollie Hemingway.
- Stop the California bullet train in its tracks. San Jose Mercury News.
- Why isn’t Rod Rosenstein supervising Robert Mueller? Andrew McCarthy.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Dems in panic mode following FISA vote. Daily Caller.
- Chris Christie says Trump should refuse Mueller sit-down. Real Clear Politics.
- Trump aide rips MSNBC’s accuracy. Daily Caller.
- Study says conservatives are more attractive — expect an ugly reaction from the Left. Daily Caller.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@jbro1776) The spying started with Carter Page, which they then used to spy on each and every member inside the Trump team. Tweet.
- (@MZHemingway) If you love publishing anonymously sourced, unverified, suspiciously partisan leaks regarding national security but fret about public claims made by Congress as part of its Constitutional oversight duties, you might be a journalist. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- TRUMP SHOWS HEART Drudge.