01/22/2018 05:17 CDT
MISSING TEXTS AT THE FBI? AGENCY CLAIMS IT CAN’T FIND COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ANTI-TRUMP AGENTS DURING CRUCIAL TIME PERIOD; SENATE TO VOTE TODAY ON ENDING SHUTDOWN; ELIZABETH WARREN’S INDIAN CLAIMS GIVE VOTERS RESERVATIONS
TODAY’S TOP 10
FBI “FAILED TO PRESERVE” crucial five months of text messages between anti-Trump FBI agents. Daily Caller.
- Does the DOJ IG have copies? Washington Examiner.
SENATE TO VOTE TODAY on plan to reopen government. Politico.
￼WAS LYNCH COORDINATING WITH COMEY￼ in the Clinton investigation? The Hill.
FACEBOOK TO HAVE USERS GRADE news sources to decide which are “broadly trusted.” Free Beacon.
GOOGLE REMOVES FACT-CHECK feature targeting conservative media after conservatives complained. Daily Signal.
ELIZABETH WARREN’S NATIVE AMERICAN problem goes beyond politics. Boston Globe.
TOURISTS WARNED NOT TO LEAVE resorts in Jamaica after murder spike. Newsweek.
PENTAGON ERASES “CLIMATE CHANGE” from the National Defense Strategy threat list. Watts Up With That?
CHRIS MATTHEWS WARNS “GIDDY” DEMS: Trump will be extremely tough to beat in 2020. Breitbart.
TOM COTTON VERSUS LINDSEY GRAHAM on immigration policy. Independent Journal Review.
Welcome to all our new subscribers. Interest in First Right continues to spread across America.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Don’t be fooled: Facebook is taking power away from users. Allum Bokhari.
- I went to the March for Life. Here’s what I saw. Genevieve Wood.
- Why the “Russians on Facebook” narrative is bonkers. The Federalist.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- CNN analyst: Wouldn’t trust Fusion GPS founder as far as I could throw him. Daily Caller.
- Senator Cotton: Media buys Dems’ spin hook, line, and sinker. NewsBusters.
- New Trump ad: Democrats complicit in crime by illegal immigrants. NTK Network.
HOW ABOUT YOU GO THERE FIRST, CHAMP?
- 14 years ago, UK’s chief scientist said we’d all have to move to Antarctica because of “global warming.” Last week, temps there were -30C. Tony Heller.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@PressSec) Nancy Pelosi is “very proud” Democrats shut the government down over illegal immigration and is taking Democrats out tonight to celebrate. Nice message to send to the brave men & women of our military and border patrol forced to work without pay during the #DemocraticShutdown. Tweet.
- (@MikeNeedham) Note to reporters: National Parks are open today. It is almost as if President Obama was playing politics with people’s vacations during last shutdown. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- SENATE SETS NOON VOTE TO RE-OPEN GOVT Drudge.