Happy Independence Day! Read the Declaration of Independence here.
07/04/2017 05:22 CDT
ON THE 241ST BIRTHDAY OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, AMERICA CELEBRATES IN BOTH RED AND BLUE STATES; STAY SAFE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA
TODAY’S TOP 10
AMERICA’S GRACE ON the Fourth of the July. National Review.
- Flying the flag: A look at the significance of Old Glory. Fox News.
- Most and least patriotic states in America. Hint: Red states are higher on the list. WalletHub.
- A love letter to America. National Review.
WHY THE GENERATION AFTER MILLENNIALS will vote Republican. Salena Zito.
PRESIDENT OF JUDICIAL WATCH calls for shutdown of “out of control” Mueller special investigation. Gateway Pundit.
POWERFUL U.S. SENATOR can’t get straight answer whether government spied on him. ZeroHedge.
TOP GOP RECRUIT ANN WAGNER won’t challenge Claire McCaskill in Missouri Senate race. Washington Examiner.
NEW RESEARCH REVERSES NEGATIVE findings about prominent school voucher programs. The Federalist.
FEDERAL JUDGE STOPS CALIFORNIA from confiscating and destroying firearm magazines. Independent Journal Review.
OBAMA AND COMPANY WERE WRONG when they said we couldn’t drill our way out of an oil crisis. Weekly Standard.
TWITTER CONSIDERING ADDITION of a “fake news” button. Hot Air.
RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE MORE TOLERANT, open-minded than atheists, new study reveals. TheBlaze.
Thank you for reading First Right. We appreciate your great feedback so far.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- How one man helped propel the American Revolution. Daily Signal.
- How the Left lost its mind. The Atlantic.
- Why the media has broken down in age of Trump. New York Post.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Michael Medved: God’s hand is clear in our nation’s history. Illinois Review.
- GOP Rep. Taylor to CNN: “You guys are getting played” by Trump. Breitbart.
- CNN’s Acosta: We must stand up to Trump or he’ll silence the news media. NewsBusters.
YOU EXPECT CNN TO GET IT WRONG, BUT HISTORY CHANNEL?
- History Channel tweets out picture of George Washington to note the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863. San Francisco Chronicle.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@mitchellvii) CNN’s Acosta wants America to say, “Enough is enough!” We already did, on 11/8. Did you miss it? Tweet.
- (@SarahHSandiers) Regarding Trump’s recent tweets @CNN; the WH wishes to reassure all Americans that if you like your fake news, you can keep your fake news. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- NKOREA LAUNCHES BALLISTIC MISSILE;’COULD REACH ALASKA’ Drudge.