Forward a copy of First Right to your friends
06/16/2017 05:15 CDT
SCALISE IMPROVES SLIGHTLY AS NEW THREATS POUR IN; NYT FLAILS WILDLY AT SARAH PALIN AND BACKTRACKS; ALEX JONES OUTFOXES MEGYN KELLY
TODAY’S TOP 10
SCALISE STILL CRITICAL BUT IMPROVED after third surgery for gunshot wound. Associated Press.
- Democrats, Republicans unite to honor Scalise at charity baseball game. TheBlaze.
- GOP’s DeSantis: More threats pouring in. Breitbart.
- Il state senator blames leftist rhetoric for attack. Illinois Review.
- Wife of baseball shooter: “I’m sorry he did this.” Chicago Tribune.
- CNN botches basic gun fact and then refuses to correct it. The Federalist.
BACKLASH FORCES NEW YORK TIMES to issue major correction on editorial blaming Sarah Palin for Giffords shooting. The Blaze.
ALEX JONES TURNS TABLES ON MEGYN KELLY and NBC by releasing interview video prior to Sunday night interview. Entertainment Weekly.
STARR SAYS NO CASE for obstruction of justice from what he’s seen. ZeroHedge.
SENATE PASSES SANCTIONS on Iran and Russia in 98-2 vote. Weekly Standard.
TRUMP PRODS LABOR DEPARTMENT to promote apprenticeship programs to erase skills gap. Independent Journal Review.
WOULD HAVE COST AN EXTRA $12.7 trillion to meet Paris climate agreement goals, new report says. Daily Caller.
MEDIA WILL IGNORE IT, but new study confirms that air quality concerns are overhyped. Power Line.
NORTH CAROLINA STARBUCKS CUSTOMER says she was bullied for supporting Trump. Fox 46 Charlotte.
REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS ASSOCIATION all in to elect a Republican governor in Virginia. Daily Caller.
Sign up two of your friends for First Right here.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Robert Mueller is already leaking to damage Trump and Republicans won’t do anything about it. Daily Wire.
- Democrats — It’s time to stop calling yourselves the “Resistance.” Joel Pollak.
- The congressional baseball shooting only proves we need less gun control. The Federalist.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Hannity: Only a matter of time until latest WaPo “obstruction of justice” report falls apart. Real Clear Politics.
- CNN’s Kaye repeats debunked smear about Scalise. NewsBusters.
- Father of released North Korea political prisoner says Obama could have done more. Daily Caller.
HEY, BUT IT’S WITHIN THE MARGIN OF ERROR!
- Americans more likely to believe brown cows produce chocolate milk than believe national news media. TheBlaze.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@charlescwcooke) The Times should have kept the public editor and fired the editorial board. Tweet.
- (@SalenaZito) .@nytimes editorial is genuinely scandalous and severely hurts journalists out there trying to do their job including their own reporters. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- MORE MUELLER LEAKS JOLT DC Drudge.