04/13/2017 05:23 CDT
MAINSTREAM MEDIA CONTINUES TO FLOUNDER; CHICAGO COPS STRIKE BACK AT OBAMA, RAHM POLICING, U.S.-RUSSIA RELATIONSHIP AT LOW POINT
TODAY’S TOP 10
ANOTHER HORRIBLE WEEK FOR JOURNALISM
- WaPo columnist: “I Was Wrong About Attorney General Jeff Sessions.” NewsBusters.
- Breitbart reporter calls out CNN and other outlets that take different tone with Democrats than Republicans. Breitbart.
- Daily Mail settles two lawsuits with Melania Trump for $2.9 million after making false claims. Politico.
- Wishful liberal media thinking in Kansas congressional race. NTK Network.
- Pulitzers awarded to failed Trump hits. Breitbart.
”BLUE VOICE” CHICAGO COPS SWEEP OUT leaders who caved to Obama DOJ, Rahm Emanuel’s politicized policing. Chicago Tribune.
HOUSE REPUBLICAN TAX REFORM PLAN would create 1.7 million jobs and increase after-tax incomes by 8.7 percent, new report predicts. Free Beacon.
SECRETARY OF STATE TILLERSON SAYS U.S.-Russia ties at “low point” after meeting with Putin. Fox News.
HILLARY WAS AN ANGRY, ANGRY candidate at times during her failed presidential run. She blamed her aides and consultants a lot. The Hill.
AG SESSIONS SAYS HE IS SURPRISED at the public backlash to his anti-marijuana comments. Daily Caller.
MORE BAD NEWS FOR DEMOCRATS — the 10 most popular governors in America are all Republicans. PJ Media.
DEMOCRAT HOUSE CANDIDATE IN GEORGIA says he’s proud of the work he did for Al Jazeera. America Rising.
ROGER STONE SAYS HE’S CONVINCED Obama administration got FISA warrant to monitor him and threatens lawsuit. Politico.
AMERICANS ARE BECOMING LAZIER and it is hurting our economy, economist theorizes. CNN Money.
Want to keep getting First Right every weekday morning? Signup here.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Syrian who surprised CNN by supporting Trump’s policies and criticizing Obama’s elaborates on his sentiments. Power Line.
- EPA is a useless, failed agency that needs to be dissolved. Illinois Review.
- The Left’s new religion is “science,” or more accurately “science” that produces liberal results. Heather Wilhelm.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Former Clinton spokeswoman laughingly says that journalists’ inherent Democrat leanings makes them tougher on Democrats. Free Beacon.
- Dershowitz calls out DNC hypocrisy raising money off Spicer’s comments with Dems history of lukewarm at best support of Israel. NTK Network.
- Can Democrats cuss their way back to the White House? McClatchy.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@KerryPicket) The same people calling for Spicer’s ouster are the same ones who were irritated that Netanyahu was scheduled to speak before Congress. Tweet.
- (@IngrahamAngle) Today’s press conf in Russia is a VERY positive development. Syria won’t be solved by edging closer to confrontation w/ Russia. Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- NKOREA PREPS NUKE TEST Drudge.