04/12/2017 05:17 CDT
GOP SAVES POMPEO SEAT IN US HOUSE; O’REILLY SUDDEN VACATION FUELS SPECULATION AND WAPO SOMEHOW OBTAINS FISA WARRANT INFO ON MINOR TRUMP AIDE
TODAY’S TOP 10
REPUBLICANS HANG ON to Pompeo House seat in Kansas. Turnout down for both parties. USA Today.
IS BILL O’REILLY ON HIS WAY OUT at Fox? Sudden vacation fuels speculation. ZeroHedge.
WASHINGTON POST SAYS OBAMA DOJ obtained surveillance on minor Trump campaign aide who claims he has done nothing wrong. Breitbart.
- “We are now starting to get a picture of how sinister this whole Democratic Party misinformation campaign is.” Power Line
JUDICIAL WATCH SENDS WARNING LETTERS to 11 states with counties where registered voters outnumber voting-age citizens. Daily Caller.
FREEDOM CAUCUS LEADER SAYS Republicans are close to a deal on a replacement for Obamacare. Hot Air.
VALERIE JARRETT INITIALLY CHARGED a cash-strapped Chicago university $30,000 for a speech before bad publicity got her to change her mind. Chicago Sun-Times.
ISIS SUPPORTERS CALL FOR MORE suicide attacks targeting Christians following Egyptian church bombings. Breitbart.
BAFFLING SET OF PUBLIC RELATIONS and business decisions by United Airlines cause stock to fall. Time.
TRUMP REFUSES TO SIGN G7 STATEMENT endorsing Paris climate agreement. Daily Caller.
WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS ASSOCIATION predictably picks D-list Trump hater to headline their narcissistic annual dinner. The Federalist.
Want to keep getting First Right every weekday morning? Signup here.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Susan Rice: The Obama administration’s Zelig. Victor Davis Hanson.
- The dark side of Hillary Clinton’s electoral rationalizations. National Review.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- Markey says Senate Dems will restore filibuster when they regain control of the upper chamber. Sure thing, Ed. Hot Air.
- Tillerson has harsh words for Russia after chemical attacks in Syria. NTK Network.
- Tucker Carlson grills Dem congressman about conspiracy theory that Trump and Putin orchestrated Syrian bombing as a diversion. Real Clear Politics.
”FATHER OF IVANKA, THE AMERICAN”
- Syrians have a new nickname for Trump. Daily Caller.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@exjon) Journos should avoid the word “controversial.” It’s usually just the writer noting that they don’t like the subject of the story. Tweet.
- (@Moonbattery1) Seven Dormitories Closing as Mizzou Pays the Price of Submitting to Moonbattery shar.es/1Qiyxu Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- OY VEY Drudge.