12/20/2017 05:18 CDT
HOUSE, SENATE APPROVE SWEEPING TAX CUTS THAT WILL SHAPE 2018 RACES; HOUSE STILL NEEDS FINAL CLEANUP VOTE THIS MORNING; ECONOMY SHAPING UP TO BE GOP’S KEY WEAPON TO WARD OFF MID-TERM DEFEATS
TODAY’S TOP 10
MERRY TAX CUTS, AMERICA!
SENATE APPROVES $1.5 TRILLION TAX CUT after earlier House vote. All that remains is a House cleanup vote today. Daily Mail.
- Nancy Pelosi: Worst legislation in congressional history. Independent Journal Review.
- Huckabee Sanders: Democrats should have been begging to be part of tax cuts. Breitbart.
- Tax plan calculator. Find out what it means for you. Maxim Lott.
7 FACTS ABOUT THE TRUMP ECONOMY the media doesn’t want you to know. John Nolte.
5 KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM POLITICO bombshell about Obama and Hezbollah. NTK Network.
JUDICIAL WATCH URGES FEDERAL COURT to unseal depositions of top IRS officials in Tea Party targeting scandal. Judicial Watch.
TWITTER CONCEDES IT NO LONGER believes in free speech, but rather tries to ban what it defines as “hate.” Hot Air.
MAN GETS 28 YEARS IN PRISON for ISIS-inspired plot to behead conservative blogger Pam Geller. Associated Press.
THE 10 MOST MORTIFYING media moments of 2017. Grabien News.
TAXPAYERS PAID $342,225 for sexual harassment settlements between 2008 and 2012. Breitbart.
HILLARY CLINTON’S FAVORABILITY rating hits 25-year low. Hot Air.
IN STATE DEPARTMENT FILES: CIA assessment in 1974 warned of dire consequences of “global cooling.” Power Line.
Don’t forget to sign the Restoration Action petition to stop Southern Poverty Law Center.
COMMENTARY WORTH READING
- Top 4 anti-LGBT myths of 2017. Chad Felix Greene.
- WaPo’s so-called conservative columnist has turned into an obsessive zealot. National Review.
- Obama’s alternate facts on Iran nuclear deal. Eli Lake.
VIDEO WORTH WATCHING
- GOP Rep. Brady gets in heated argument with Morning Joe about tax reform. Free Beacon.
- Rep. Jordan: DOJ, FBI schemed against Trump. Real Clear Politics.
- Reporter asks if Trump believes in UFOs. Free Beacon.
GOOD NEWS FROM THE GREEDY WORLD OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS
- MLB pitcher Cole Hamels and wife donate $9.75 million home to nonprofit that helps individuals with special needs. ABC 7 Chicago.
TWEETS OF NOTE
- (@nikkihaley) At the UN we’re always asked to do more & give more. So, when we make a decision, at the will of the American ppl, abt where to locate OUR embassy, we don’t expect those we’ve helped to target us. On Thurs there’ll be a vote criticizing our choice. The US will be taking names. Tweet.
- (@conservmillen) I really don’t understand the stories of these people who make suggestive/sexual comments to people at work. Who raised you? Do you have any self-awareness? Do you know what a “social cue” is? Boundaries? Like my grandma always told us, “act like ya been somewhere.” Tweet.
DRUDGE LEAD AT TIME OF EMAIL
- TAX CUT CHRISTMAS! Drudge.